Welcome to Prestolee Teaching School
The emergence of Teaching Schools formed a central part of the government’s plan to put schools and school leaders at the heart of raising standards for all children. Teaching Schools are outstanding schools who became eligible to bid for status and to serve as the ‘Lead School’ of an alliance comprising other educational establishments, from primaries to HEIs.Read More
"Every Alliance partner will engage, enjoy, achieve and challenge all the learners in our alliance and beyond."
The Prestolee Teaching School Alliance currently consists of 24 schools working together, and this number is increasing due to increased capacity and the strength of the working relationships formed during 2013-14. Headteachers and Senior Leaders from each school within the alliance meet termly to discuss and co-ordinate research and development work, CPD opportunities, projects and support opportunities.
The work undertaken by the alliance in addition to the targeted funding streams available is for the benefit of every member of the alliance. The key to our success is engagement and we have been able to maximise our opportunities as a Teaching School across our alliance due to the involvement of our partners. As we develop further there will be increased opportunities for schools to take on lead roles in key areas, as well as benefit from the vast range of expertise we have within our schools. Whether you have a talented member of staff who wants to design and deliver training sessions, a specialist department who wishes to lead on a research project or you are looking to engage support to help you move from one Ofsted grade to another, engagement with a Teaching School is proving to be multi-beneficial for schools.
Through the alliance we seek to:
- Create learning for everyone
- Improve practice and sustain development
- Share best practice and provision
- Create and identify excellence which is transferable and adaptable
- Be responsive to merging challenges
- Create a conscious learning community where learning sits at the centre of all we do
- Make explicit our learning and share it through best
- Practice work, research and development activities
We work in Partnership with the National College who have selected Prestolee to provide Leadership support and development in other Schools. This has a benefit both for development of our own capabilities and capacity but also to have significant impact and progress within other Partner Schools that we support.
- Prestolee CP School
- Bowness Primary School, Bolton
- St Catherine's CE Primary School, Horwich
- Blackrod Primary School
- Greswell Primary School, Denton
- Arlies Primary School, Tameside
- Blackrod Anglican Methodist Primary School
- Chorley New Road Primary School
- Church Road Primary School
- St Thomas's CE Primary School, Bury
“The course produces high quality graduates expertly prepared for the demands and challenges of being a teacher in their NQT year”.
Karen Graham, Head Teacher